Jethro Estimo, familiar to graphic designer ears, started Pow Designs in 1998. With years of involvement in the graphic design scene he has always gone back to his artist roots by creating digital artworks, proving that graphic design is not only confined to commercial work. A few of his inspirations are artist Hieronymus Bosch, surrealist Rene Magritte, and American cartoonists Art Spiegelmann and Don Martin. He is also a lecturer at the Fine Arts Department of University of the Philippines. Jethro has been included in a myriad of art shows.
1. What would be the first thing you'd do if you woke up one day and you turned into the opposite sex?
|I Am Your G.O.D (Guard On Duty)|
2. What was the most awkward situation you've been in?
When I bought Tampons and turned back into a man inside a 711.
3. If you are granted a power to change the color of mongol pencil, what would it be and why?
I cannot imagine changing the color of the pencil, changing the numbers to letters, however, is good.
4. Do you think Epson would be the new Winsor & Newton?
I am still trying to squeeze the colour out of an Epson, so far, it did not work.
|Red Eye Close Up|
5. Does your third eye has an "eye for detail"?
My goat's eye can see better.